This is not a fairytale. I learned that quite a few months ago. Naively, we went into this thinking "Oh! We want to have a baby now" and expected that it would happen because we wanted it to. And, for some that does work. Not for me - or many others like me. It's hard. It's emotional. It sometimes gets the best of you. So, after over a year of trying to conceive and a PCOS diagnosis, I find myself here - trying to believe.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Not Prepared For That

So, I have been and will be spending a lot of time working in the ER. Today, I admitted a young girl in tears. She was 17. I'm not allowed to ask her what's wrong. If she wants to tell me of her volition, she can...but I can't ask. I found out later that she was approximately 5-6 weeks pregnant and was bleeding. It seriously broke my heart. I don't know about some infertiles, but I kind of have hard feelings about teenagers who don't really want a baby and get pregnant, and so many of us can't that really do want to.

...But, what about those that really do want that little baby they just found out about? And, then just like that - it's gone.

Sobering. Yes, indeed.

Photobucket

No comments: