This is not a fairytale. I learned that quite a few months ago. Naively, we went into this thinking "Oh! We want to have a baby now" and expected that it would happen because we wanted it to. And, for some that does work. Not for me - or many others like me. It's hard. It's emotional. It sometimes gets the best of you. So, after over a year of trying to conceive and a PCOS diagnosis, I find myself here - trying to believe.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Six

Tomorrow is our 6th wedding anniversary. They are always bittersweet for me. It's like 'Yay! We've been married for SIX years.' and then 'We've been married for six years and have no kids.' True, we haven't been trying the full six years, but man we should have been, since it's taking FOREVER!! Haha. Funny thing TTC, it always makes every occasion sad. Birthday-another year older, still childless. Halloween-no kid to dress up and take trick or treating. Christmas-no toys, only 2 stockings to hang...I could go on, but you get the drift. Sigh.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ms. Polka Dottie said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope y'all enjoy it!

I know how you feel. I usually worry about dressing myself up for Halloween, but this year, I've thought about dressing up a baby too.

We'll get those BFPs soon!