This is not a fairytale. I learned that quite a few months ago. Naively, we went into this thinking "Oh! We want to have a baby now" and expected that it would happen because we wanted it to. And, for some that does work. Not for me - or many others like me. It's hard. It's emotional. It sometimes gets the best of you. So, after over a year of trying to conceive and a PCOS diagnosis, I find myself here - trying to believe.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Uncommon? Maybe not so much

How is it that it's supposedly extremely rare to be pregnant and get negative HPTs, yet I personally know 2 people that it has happened to? My mother-in-law has had 5 pregnancies (no surprisingly her name is NOT Myrtle). She didn't get confirmation of her 4th pregnancy until she was 3 months, she happened to be pregnant with my darling husband! My best friend did not get a positive blood test until she was 8 weeks. Everything before was negative. So it does happen. And I can't help but wonder if (and hope) it's happening to me.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Natasha.debruyn said...

I also always hope I am one of those rare women! Fingers crossed that you turn out to be one!

Anonymous said...

can't wait for your appointment

Janessa said...

I didn't get a + HPT till like CD 40 so it is for sure possible. I hope that's the case for you! Hugs!

One Day at a Time said...

I really hope you're one of those women!