This is not a fairytale. I learned that quite a few months ago. Naively, we went into this thinking "Oh! We want to have a baby now" and expected that it would happen because we wanted it to. And, for some that does work. Not for me - or many others like me. It's hard. It's emotional. It sometimes gets the best of you. So, after over a year of trying to conceive and a PCOS diagnosis, I find myself here - trying to believe.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Accidents

So, the senior pictures I took the other day were for a distant cousin. I know I may have felt a little jaded about her being a teen mommy, when I am not a mommy (and gettin' pretty far from teen there too). But, I am so impressed with her. She was born with a physical handicap (arm) and is doing better than most teens her age who are 'normal' and don't have a baby. She only has to go to school half a day her senior year. She works the other half at a day care. She isn't with the baby's father and she has her own place. Pretty impressive.

I noticed a few days before her shoot that there was a field of white flowers in an empty lot next to the grocery store. It really didn't make sense at all...yet there it was. A happy little accident - this ugly lot had been transformed to this beautiful field of flowers. I HAD to use it.

So, I rounded her and the baby up and off we went. She calls him monkey, so I brought along a sock monkey hat of course!



Photobucket

No comments: