This is not a fairytale. I learned that quite a few months ago. Naively, we went into this thinking "Oh! We want to have a baby now" and expected that it would happen because we wanted it to. And, for some that does work. Not for me - or many others like me. It's hard. It's emotional. It sometimes gets the best of you. So, after over a year of trying to conceive and a PCOS diagnosis, I find myself here - trying to believe.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tantrum

Life isn't FAIR. Yeah I know this. It still sucks.

I'm sad and mad for me and Adam - but not just for us. I've met many online friends, extraordinary women, who want nothing more than to hold a baby in their arms. But it just won't happen. Some have never been pregnant. Some have had the joy of new pregnancy ripped from them by miscarriage. One had her heart completely broken when her baby was taken by SIDS.

I look around and I just shake my head. Seeing children who aren't being taken care of. Children who don't know they are loved. All these women who would love just the chance to have what so many take for granted or feel burdened by. I just don't get why it's this way. Why can't infertility go to someone who really doesn't want kids?

Photobucket

No comments: